Android Question Where do I get JRE14.0.1?

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
After Covert jar file to exe by using Java14 instead of Java8 . It can't run exe file. I've tried to search JRE14.0.1 ,but I don't find it.
Is there someone has JRE14.0.1 installer?

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
There is only jdk14.0.1
There is no separate JRE for Java 9 and above, you can create your own Java runtime using jlink

Upvote 0

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Java Platform 1.8.0 or JRE 8 is discontinued but still receive update even in my Windows 11.

There is some expert's example for learning force me update using java14 instead of java8.So I'vedone, but when I run exe of the old project, it has error.

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
There is some expert's example for learning force me update using java14 instead of java8.So I'vedone, but when I run exe of the old project, it has error.
Is the old project a B4J project?

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
I don't expect an upgrade from a Java 1.8 jar to be limited to a simple upgrade from Java 1.8 to Java 14. That might just be possible with a purely Java source-based jar. But a jar that is created for and uses one or more Android routines may run into new security rules and changed API calls for newer Android OS versions.
What problems do you encounter when using the original jar application?

Upvote 0

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't expect an upgrade from a Java 1.8 jar to be limited to a simple upgrade from Java 1.8 to Java 14. That might just be possible with a purely Java source-based jar. But a jar that is created for and uses one or more Android routines may run into new security rules and changed API calls for newer Android OS versions.
What problems do you encounter when using the original jar application?
There is the experts'examples about face dection need using java14, so I must upgrade it. After I came back to use B4X Template Manager tool to save the example, but it doesn't work again.I thinkB4XTemplateManager is useful for me as non-expert in coding.

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
Without some error message and example program where an error occurs, it is difficult to help you. It is also not entirely clear to me whether only the B4X Template Manager does not work or whether no programs work anymore after the update.
It is important that you have carried out the update exactly according to Erel's instructions and only use software from the indicated download links. This is because the links indicated have been specially prepared to completely install the B4X software. Do not deviate from the advice to use 7-zip, for example, and stick to the standard locations given. Then you could try a B4A program example to see if this works. If you still have problems with the B4X Template Manager, you could post the error message in this post on the forum and also provide a link to what you want to use

Upvote 0

Theera

Licensed User
Longtime User
Without some error message and example program where an error occurs, it is difficult to help you. It is also not entirely clear to me whether only the B4X Template Manager does not work or whether no programs work anymore after the update.
It is important that you have carried out the update exactly according to Erel's instructions and only use software from the indicated download links. This is because the links indicated have been specially prepared to completely install the B4X software. Do not deviate from the advice to use 7-zip, for example, and stick to the standard locations given. Then you could try a B4A program example to see if this works. If you still have problems with the B4X Template Manager, you could post the error message in this post on the forum and also provide a link to what you want to use
My problem is: there is not jre14.0.1 for running app. I can compile exe file by using theonline tool, but it can't run.

Upvote 0

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
My problem is: there is not jre14.0.1 for running app. I can compile exe file by using theonline tool, but it can't run.
The problem is you have misunderstood.

You don't need to uninstall java 1.8!
You can still use it to open jar which is compiled with this version.

You can download java jdk 11, 14, 17, 22, etc and have multiple versions because these versions don't need to be installed. You just need to unzip them to a folder and configure the path in B4X IDE.

Upvote 0

MicroDrie

Licensed User
As I wrote before start to do exactly this instructions for B4A step by step, then you don't need JRE-14.

Upvote 0